Acceptable Use Policy
Applicable to all clients.
J.M. Server Solutions, LLC (“JMSS”) has published this Acceptable Use Policy in order to protect the
company, its assets, and its clients from illegal or damaging actions by individuals either knowingly, or
All equipment including but not limited to servers, software, storage media, accounts used for electronic
mail, and all virtual hosting related services are property of JMSS. These systems are to be used for the
services outlined within the individual companies contract, or in the case of hosting clients, to host a
website and its associated email and FTP accounts, in alignment with the Terms of Service found on the
companies website which references this document.
Effective security is a team effort involving the participation of all accounts, and users of the system. It is
especially important when running internet facing systems, which are the backbone of JMSS.
This policy applies to all contracts, accounts, and users (i.e. the general public) that knowingly or
unknowingly accesses or interacts with data stored on property owned by JMSS. Furthermore, all
contracts, accounts, and users are bound to this document simply by accessing and interacting with said
property. This includes clients with specific contracts, or modified terms.
Anyone accessing, using, or otherwise browsing information on servers that are owned or operated by
JMSS are bound to the following:
• Clients are responsible for the security of their own data and implementing best practice
protections. JMSS is not responsible for lost or stolen data.
• Clients are expected to exercise good judgement in storing and maintaining information that
resides on the individual accounts.
• JMSS reserves the right to audit networks and systems on a periodic basis to ensure compliance
with this policy.
The following activities are strictly prohibited, with no exceptions, and will result in immediate
suspension or termination of the account:
• Selling, reposting, or otherwise disseminating information protected by copyright, trade secret,
patent, or other intellectual property, or similar laws or regulations, including but not limited to
distribution of “pirated” software products.
• Unless otherwise noted within a specific contract and done on a specialized dedicated server,
the sending of mass or “bulk” emails.
• Introducing or facilitating the introduction (by failing to secure your website) malware or other
malicious programs onto the network or server.
• Utilization of one user account by multiple websites.
• Hosting or selling pornographic or “x rated” material.
• Using the hosting account for nefarious or malicious reasons including but not limited to,
botnets, honeypots, spamming, email bombs, and other hacking techniques.
• Initiating a port scan either on the server the account is hosted on or other servers within the
• Hosting any data that is not property of your company or that you do not own.
• Using any script, program, command, bash prompt to send email or otherwise upload/download
Non-compliance with this document will result in immediate and swift suspension or termination of the
account or accounts associated with the policy violation. JMSS will usually warn the affected account
prior to suspension using the contact information on file for that account. However, if the violation is
large or the affected server has been placed on notification by a third party, or blacklisted on the
internet, the account will be immediately terminated without notification and the client barred from any
further interaction with JMSS